Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Excel file size - huge! - on Prod server

When I run a report in Reporting Services on the Report Server on my
local PC, I can save the report to Excel as reasonable file sizes eg.
700K. When I deploy the same report's rdl to the live server, run it
and then save the same report to my network share, the file size
explodes to several meg (anything from 5mb to 15 mb). Anyone know why
this happens and how I can prevent it?My guess is that your local one has SP1 and the live one does not. SP1
changed to native format instead of mhtml.
Check versions by going to //yourserver/reportserver
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Vivienne" <vivienne00@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1107967800.202356.71560@.c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> When I run a report in Reporting Services on the Report Server on my
> local PC, I can save the report to Excel as reasonable file sizes eg.
> 700K. When I deploy the same report's rdl to the live server, run it
> and then save the same report to my network share, the file size
> explodes to several meg (anything from 5mb to 15 mb). Anyone know why
> this happens and how I can prevent it?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment