Monday, March 26, 2012

Excel Device Information Setting

How do I pass Device Information Settings when exporting a report to Excel?
The documentation explains how to do this by URL, and by using the Render
method, but I would like to continue to use the Export link on the default
toolbar. I need to specify the RemoveSpace setting - I'm hoping this will
eliminate the zero-width empty columns in the Excel spreadsheet inserted
caused by having a textbox in the page header.
According to the documentation, the RemoveSpace device setting should be
.125 by default, and any columns with no data and a width less than this
threshold should be removed by default. However, when I export to Excel
empty columns are inserted.
Thanks
BillI am very interested if you have found how to do this. I am trying to pass to
RemoveSpace device info throught the URL like this "rc:RemoveSpace=0.5in"
(this is of course a part of a larger URL). But I can't get this to work. Has
also tried to set this up in the configurations files, but has not succeed.
"bill" wrote:
> How do I pass Device Information Settings when exporting a report to Excel?
> The documentation explains how to do this by URL, and by using the Render
> method, but I would like to continue to use the Export link on the default
> toolbar. I need to specify the RemoveSpace setting - I'm hoping this will
> eliminate the zero-width empty columns in the Excel spreadsheet inserted
> caused by having a textbox in the page header.
> According to the documentation, the RemoveSpace device setting should be
> ..125 by default, and any columns with no data and a width less than this
> threshold should be removed by default. However, when I export to Excel
> empty columns are inserted.
> Thanks
> Bill
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment