Monday, March 26, 2012

Excel DBCC Error

Forgive me for cross-posting but this involves ODBC as well.
I'm getting "User 'Test1' does not have permission to run DBCC TRACEON."
when trying to connect Excel to SQL Server 2005 using an ODBC System
DSN. I've discovered that this is due to Excel or, more appropriately
MSQuery, attempting to set traceflag 208 having to do with quoted names.
What I haven't found out is how to correct this without granting
SysAdmin privs to users needing to run those queries.
Is there a way to do this without those privs?
Thanx,
GarthI have the exact same problem. Did you find how to correct this without
granting sysadmin privs?
--
Thanks in advance.
Ade
"Garth Keesler" wrote:

> Forgive me for cross-posting but this involves ODBC as well.
> I'm getting "User 'Test1' does not have permission to run DBCC TRACEON."
> when trying to connect Excel to SQL Server 2005 using an ODBC System
> DSN. I've discovered that this is due to Excel or, more appropriately
> MSQuery, attempting to set traceflag 208 having to do with quoted names.
> What I haven't found out is how to correct this without granting
> SysAdmin privs to users needing to run those queries.
> Is there a way to do this without those privs?
> Thanx,
> Garth
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment