Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Excel export - no gridlines

Does anyone have an issue with no gridlines appearing in reports exported to
Excel? I haven't been able to find any information on this anywhere. I
would like to be able to export directly to Excel and have it open with rows
and columns of data as if it were typed directly into Excel cells with no
fancy formatting. I have tried opening the exported Excel report and setting
the Gridlines option, but that doesn't work (not sure why, I'm on Excel 2003
SP1). I can create a .csv file and open it, but then you have to go through
the import wizard and I'm trying to make this easier for the end user.
--
DJansonMr. Janson,
You can give each cell a 'border' by giving the corresponding cell a
border in Reporting Services. Not quite the same as a 'girdline', so
I'm not sure if it will fit your need.
You might want to look at Software Artisans ExcelWriter product. It
contains more Excel capabilities that integrate with MSRS.
Andy Potter|||Thanks, I did consider that option, but you're right it's not quite the same.
I did figure out that if you copy the rows and paste them to a new
spreadsheet using Paste Special/ Paste - Values, it removes all the fancy
formatting. I did see the ExcelWriter software, but haven't checked into it
yet.
--
DJanson
"Potter" wrote:
> Mr. Janson,
> You can give each cell a 'border' by giving the corresponding cell a
> border in Reporting Services. Not quite the same as a 'girdline', so
> I'm not sure if it will fit your need.
> You might want to look at Software Artisans ExcelWriter product. It
> contains more Excel capabilities that integrate with MSRS.
> Andy Potter
>

No comments:

Post a Comment