Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Excel export missing table header

I am working with RS2000 SP2 and VS2003.

I have a simple report with just one table, two levels of grouping with subtotals and a table header. There is also a separate page header. The report renders correctly on screen and when printed.

When I export the report in Excel format the detail lines, group sub-totals and page head appear. However, the problem I have is that the table header is not shown. So the user can't make out what data is shown each column. How can I get the table header to appear when exporting to Excel?

TIA, Magendo_man

To complicate matters further, I have added another table to this report, which is a copy of the original one. This table uses the same dataset but is filtered and sorted differently, with no grouping and a footer total. I set the table to have a page break before it is printed.

Now when I export to Excel I get the same problem with missing table header for the first table, but I do get the table header for this second table.

TIA, Magendo_man

No comments:

Post a Comment