Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Excel Exporting results in MIME message

I reviewed all post but have not seen the problem I have.
When exporting a report to Excel (regardless if I save or open the file) my
output is a multi-part MIME message. I get only one worksheet (there are 4
pages in the report) and it has the name of the exported report.
There is a section for each page in this message and a StyleSheet section.
Did I miss something in the report Services set-up?
Thanks
ShawnI took a better look at the rest of the posts and did find some with the same
problem. One of them suggested installation of SP1 in MS Office 2000. My
problem now is that I did install SP1 and nothing changed. If anyone has
another suggestion it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Shawn
"Shawn Kralj" wrote:
> I reviewed all post but have not seen the problem I have.
> When exporting a report to Excel (regardless if I save or open the file) my
> output is a multi-part MIME message. I get only one worksheet (there are 4
> pages in the report) and it has the name of the exported report.
> There is a section for each page in this message and a StyleSheet section.
> Did I miss something in the report Services set-up?
> Thanks
> Shawn|||Close, it is not SP1. It is SP1 for Reporting Services that has the fix. SP1
no longer uses the MIME format.
--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Shawn Kralj" <ShawnKralj@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FE6555D6-71F4-4C29-90F4-DA92604B4816@.microsoft.com...
> I took a better look at the rest of the posts and did find some with the
same
> problem. One of them suggested installation of SP1 in MS Office 2000. My
> problem now is that I did install SP1 and nothing changed. If anyone has
> another suggestion it will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Shawn
> "Shawn Kralj" wrote:
> > I reviewed all post but have not seen the problem I have.
> >
> > When exporting a report to Excel (regardless if I save or open the file)
my
> > output is a multi-part MIME message. I get only one worksheet (there are
4
> > pages in the report) and it has the name of the exported report.
> >
> > There is a section for each page in this message and a StyleSheet
section.
> >
> > Did I miss something in the report Services set-up?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Shawn|||Thanks Bruce. That worked. Installing SP1 for Reporting Services fixed the
problem.
Looks great.
Shawn
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> Close, it is not SP1. It is SP1 for Reporting Services that has the fix. SP1
> no longer uses the MIME format.
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "Shawn Kralj" <ShawnKralj@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:FE6555D6-71F4-4C29-90F4-DA92604B4816@.microsoft.com...
> > I took a better look at the rest of the posts and did find some with the
> same
> > problem. One of them suggested installation of SP1 in MS Office 2000. My
> > problem now is that I did install SP1 and nothing changed. If anyone has
> > another suggestion it will be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Shawn
> >
> > "Shawn Kralj" wrote:
> >
> > > I reviewed all post but have not seen the problem I have.
> > >
> > > When exporting a report to Excel (regardless if I save or open the file)
> my
> > > output is a multi-part MIME message. I get only one worksheet (there are
> 4
> > > pages in the report) and it has the name of the exported report.
> > >
> > > There is a section for each page in this message and a StyleSheet
> section.
> > >
> > > Did I miss something in the report Services set-up?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Shawn
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment