Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Excel export problem

I have a report that the users want to export to Excel. One of the problems that I am having is that some of the cells in the excel export are renamed as _402, _404, etc. I want them to come in as B22, B24, etc. Any idea why this is happening and how I can stop it?

Joe

The Excel renderer gives unique names to cells that are the operands of formulas. Then, the formulas reference those unique names instead of the cell addresses. This is by design and there is currently no way to export live Excel formulas without using those unique names. That feature is on our list of hopeful features for a future release.

If you want to get rid of formula export entirely and just have the calculated values put into the cells, you can OmitFormulas DeviceInfo parameter:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159220.aspx

Best,
-Chris

|||

OK, I can see that, but how can I affect all Excel exports from the report viewer? Do I set a parameter in the report server config file? Thanks for the info.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment