Monday, March 26, 2012

Excel Drill Down not showing all details

In my report, I have one group and details. The group has two rows, with the
2nd row's visibility toggled by one of the textboxes in the first row. The
detail row is also toggled by the texbox in the top group row. (the second
row of the group has the titles above the detail row). Anyways, when this
report is run, all of the details show as expected when you drill down.
However, when you export this report to excel and drill down, only the second
group row appears. None of the detail rows appear in excel. Is there a work
around for this?This one has been driving me nuts as well. It croped up while testing SP1
but I may have figured out a work around. Don't set the visibility on the
innermost detail row. It will remain hidden along with row you have your
titles on. So far on the reports I have had time to test they have exported
as expected. I don't have this issue on my pre SP1 production box but need
to have the ability to view exports on Excel 2000 so it is a catch 22. Hope
this helps.
Mark
"dachrist" wrote:
> In my report, I have one group and details. The group has two rows, with the
> 2nd row's visibility toggled by one of the textboxes in the first row. The
> detail row is also toggled by the texbox in the top group row. (the second
> row of the group has the titles above the detail row). Anyways, when this
> report is run, all of the details show as expected when you drill down.
> However, when you export this report to excel and drill down, only the second
> group row appears. None of the detail rows appear in excel. Is there a work
> around for this?|||This one should be addressed in SP2.
--
Brian Welcker
Group Program Manager
SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"MMishler" <MMishler@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:724B6C3D-493B-4810-AA2B-3C35728CAC8D@.microsoft.com...
> This one has been driving me nuts as well. It croped up while testing SP1
> but I may have figured out a work around. Don't set the visibility on the
> innermost detail row. It will remain hidden along with row you have your
> titles on. So far on the reports I have had time to test they have
> exported
> as expected. I don't have this issue on my pre SP1 production box but
> need
> to have the ability to view exports on Excel 2000 so it is a catch 22.
> Hope
> this helps.
> Mark
> "dachrist" wrote:
>> In my report, I have one group and details. The group has two rows, with
>> the
>> 2nd row's visibility toggled by one of the textboxes in the first row.
>> The
>> detail row is also toggled by the texbox in the top group row. (the
>> second
>> row of the group has the titles above the detail row). Anyways, when
>> this
>> report is run, all of the details show as expected when you drill down.
>> However, when you export this report to excel and drill down, only the
>> second
>> group row appears. None of the detail rows appear in excel. Is there a
>> work
>> around for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment