Tuesday, March 27, 2012

excel export /collapsed fails to render excel file

Trying to render a report that has three groups two expand and collapse and
have charts. The first attempts to render were successful but all later ones
fail. And excel produces the following message:
Microsoft Office Excel File Repair Log
Errors were detected in file 'C:\Documents and Settings\johnsond\Local
Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5\UT38LWFQ\CustomerSalesByPartType[2].xls'
The following is a list of repairs:
Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel
attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been
lost or corrupted.
Can anyone help with this?DJJIII,
I wish I were writing with a solution (as I also am getting the annonying
"damage too extensive" message in excel.) I have an MSDN subscription, so we
should get a MS reply. I will repost under the subject: "Damage to file
message when exporting to excel" for good measure.
The interesting thing in my case is that I have a fairly complex report with
many charts and tables. My "top level" report throws this excel error.
However, if I add parameters ("drill down report") the structure of the
report is exactly the same with charts and tables, just less (or different)
data and then it renders fine. I am not using groups at all, so I don't
think the issue is directly related to your use of groups.
My guess is there is some data-related issue as our same report (both
top-level and drilldown) with different data works fine.
Our report actually is a collection of 10 or so subreports, so I will be
doing a little debugging by removing subreports to see if I can identify the
subreport or data that is causing the issue.
-David
"DJJIII" wrote:
> Trying to render a report that has three groups two expand and collapse and
> have charts. The first attempts to render were successful but all later ones
> fail. And excel produces the following message:
> Microsoft Office Excel File Repair Log
> Errors were detected in file 'C:\Documents and Settings\johnsond\Local
> Settings\Temporary Internet
> Files\Content.IE5\UT38LWFQ\CustomerSalesByPartType[2].xls'
> The following is a list of repairs:
> Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel
> attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been
> lost or corrupted.
> Can anyone help with this?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment