Monday, March 26, 2012

Excel drillthrough to OLAP error

I am using the MSDN workaround Drillthrough VBA code to enable a drillthough from an Excel pivot table to my OLAP cube. It works fine on 2 PCs in my area. However on a 3rd PC,I get the following error:

"The OLAP provider does not support custom grouping. Custom groups were previously defined for this PivotTable Report.
Do you wish to retain the custom group definitions for the future?....."

All 3 PCs are using Excel 2003. All have data access components v2.8 installed.
We are using Analysis Services on SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition.

I have been tearing my hair out trying to find out the differences between the PCs....

Any help would be appreciated.

Data access components probably has nothing to do with the situation. One idea is to check service pack version of the Office installed. Make sure it is the same version.
Also try and run Office setup through add/remove programs and repair Office installation.

Edward Melomed.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment