Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Excel Export-Extra columns

Hi,
I am trying to export my report to Excel.When I do this I get some extra columns(blank though) in the Excel sheet which r not there in my report.And I see some greentips in some of my cells in excel sheet(which is a warning that a number is exported as text).Why r this due to?How can i remove these?
Thank You,When you are using a list in your report, this will most likely happen as we
have to approximate the cell layout. Table and matrix work much better when
exporting. Also, make sure you have number formats on your values so they
will get explicit formats in Excel.
--
Brian Welcker
Group Program Manager
SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Sudha" <Sudha@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D67121D5-E109-448E-AE9A-5866EDCDD18F@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I am trying to export my report to Excel.When I do this I get some extra
> columns(blank though) in the Excel sheet which r not there in my
> report.And I see some greentips in some of my cells in excel sheet(which
> is a warning that a number is exported as text).Why r this due to?How can
> i remove these?
> Thank You,|||Hi,
I am using only tables/matrix in my reports and not lists still i get some extra columns.How can i avoid this?
Thanx
"Brian Welcker [MSFT]" wrote:
> When you are using a list in your report, this will most likely happen as we
> have to approximate the cell layout. Table and matrix work much better when
> exporting. Also, make sure you have number formats on your values so they
> will get explicit formats in Excel.
> --
> Brian Welcker
> Group Program Manager
> SQL Server Reporting Services
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> "Sudha" <Sudha@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D67121D5-E109-448E-AE9A-5866EDCDD18F@.microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to export my report to Excel.When I do this I get some extra
> > columns(blank though) in the Excel sheet which r not there in my
> > report.And I see some greentips in some of my cells in excel sheet(which
> > is a warning that a number is exported as text).Why r this due to?How can
> > i remove these?
> >
> > Thank You,
>
>|||Do you have page headers and footers? This can cause this as well. And when
you say you have tables / matrices, you mean in different reports, right? If
this is not the case, it would be interesting to see your reports and the
Excel output.
--
Brian Welcker
Group Program Manager
SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Sudha" <Sudha@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:53373429-2B5D-4335-8113-819A969B3C15@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I am using only tables/matrix in my reports and not lists still i get some
> extra columns.How can i avoid this?
> Thanx
> "Brian Welcker [MSFT]" wrote:
>> When you are using a list in your report, this will most likely happen as
>> we
>> have to approximate the cell layout. Table and matrix work much better
>> when
>> exporting. Also, make sure you have number formats on your values so they
>> will get explicit formats in Excel.
>> --
>> Brian Welcker
>> Group Program Manager
>> SQL Server Reporting Services
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>> "Sudha" <Sudha@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:D67121D5-E109-448E-AE9A-5866EDCDD18F@.microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am trying to export my report to Excel.When I do this I get some
>> > extra
>> > columns(blank though) in the Excel sheet which r not there in my
>> > report.And I see some greentips in some of my cells in excel
>> > sheet(which
>> > is a warning that a number is exported as text).Why r this due to?How
>> > can
>> > i remove these?
>> >
>> > Thank You,
>>|||I am using a table for my report and I'm not implementing a header nor
a footer. In the end of the table though, I used a line and a textbox
to somehow "appear as a footer" at the end of the report.
Upon export to excel, extra columns were inserted and I don't know how
does this happened or how I can remove them.
I'll be more than willing to provide you with screenshots of the
report in the designer view and its output in excel.
I hope you can advice me on this matter and any help will be greatly
appreciated.
Have a nice day and thanks in advance.
"Brian Welcker [MSFT]" <bwelcker@.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<uh5BAZMYEHA.3260@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> Do you have page headers and footers? This can cause this as well. And when
> you say you have tables / matrices, you mean in different reports, right? If
> this is not the case, it would be interesting to see your reports and the
> Excel output.
> --
> Brian Welcker
> Group Program Manager
> SQL Server Reporting Services
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> "Sudha" <Sudha@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:53373429-2B5D-4335-8113-819A969B3C15@.microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using only tables/matrix in my reports and not lists still i get some
> > extra columns.How can i avoid this?
> >
> > Thanx
> >
> > "Brian Welcker [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> When you are using a list in your report, this will most likely happen as
> >> we
> >> have to approximate the cell layout. Table and matrix work much better
> >> when
> >> exporting. Also, make sure you have number formats on your values so they
> >> will get explicit formats in Excel.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Brian Welcker
> >> Group Program Manager
> >> SQL Server Reporting Services
> >>
> >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> >> rights.
> >>
> >> "Sudha" <Sudha@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:D67121D5-E109-448E-AE9A-5866EDCDD18F@.microsoft.com...
> >> > Hi,
> >> >
> >> > I am trying to export my report to Excel.When I do this I get some
> >> > extra
> >> > columns(blank though) in the Excel sheet which r not there in my
> >> > report.And I see some greentips in some of my cells in excel
> >> > sheet(which
> >> > is a warning that a number is exported as text).Why r this due to?How
> >> > can
> >> > i remove these?
> >> >
> >> > Thank You,
> >>
> >>
> >>

No comments:

Post a Comment