Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Excel Exports Hidden Images

Hello,
I think this may be a bug with SSRS 2005 but wanted to verify in case anyone
has a remedy. My report contains a table with an image on the detail row
whose visibility is toggled based on a value. Everything works as expected
when viewing the report onscreen or exporting to PDF. However, the Excel
Export ignores the visibility expression and displays the image for every
detail row. Any thoughts or workarounds?
Thanks in advance!
KathyOn Jul 6, 10:44 am, Kathy <K...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I think this may be a bug with SSRS 2005 but wanted to verify in case anyone
> has a remedy. My report contains a table with an image on the detail row
> whose visibility is toggled based on a value. Everything works as expected
> when viewing the report onscreen or exporting to PDF. However, the Excel
> Export ignores the visibility expression and displays the image for every
> detail row. Any thoughts or workarounds?
> Thanks in advance!
> Kathy
As far as I know, you are correct. Hopefully this will be corrected in
a future SP or in SSRS 2008. Sorry that I could not be of further
assistance.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||Thank you for the quick response. Have a lovely day!
"EMartinez" wrote:
> On Jul 6, 10:44 am, Kathy <K...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I think this may be a bug with SSRS 2005 but wanted to verify in case anyone
> > has a remedy. My report contains a table with an image on the detail row
> > whose visibility is toggled based on a value. Everything works as expected
> > when viewing the report onscreen or exporting to PDF. However, the Excel
> > Export ignores the visibility expression and displays the image for every
> > detail row. Any thoughts or workarounds?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> > Kathy
>
> As far as I know, you are correct. Hopefully this will be corrected in
> a future SP or in SSRS 2008. Sorry that I could not be of further
> assistance.
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant
>|||On Jul 9, 8:38 am, Kathy <K...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the quick response. Have a lovely day!
> "EMartinez" wrote:
> > On Jul 6, 10:44 am, Kathy <K...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > I think this may be a bug with SSRS 2005 but wanted to verify in case anyone
> > > has a remedy. My report contains a table with an image on the detail row
> > > whose visibility is toggled based on a value. Everything works as expected
> > > when viewing the report onscreen or exporting to PDF. However, the Excel
> > > Export ignores the visibility expression and displays the image for every
> > > detail row. Any thoughts or workarounds?
> > > Thanks in advance!
> > > Kathy
> > As far as I know, you are correct. Hopefully this will be corrected in
> > a future SP or in SSRS 2008. Sorry that I could not be of further
> > assistance.
> > Regards,
> > Enrique Martinez
> > Sr. Software Consultant
You're welcome. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment