Monday, March 26, 2012

Excel export

Hi
When you are exporting a report from SSRS 2005 to Excel, it is the first
column in your tables the one wich sets the row heigh in Excel. For example,
I had a table with an 'observations' columns. There I had some text, but it
always was being cut because all rows had a heigh of 12.45 Now the key was in
the first column where I had only a date field. When I changed the layout and
took the observations column to the left it worked OK.
Has anybody seen these behaviour before? By the way, the report was working
OK if I decided to export to PDF, so I think it has to do with the Excel
renderer. I have SQL Server 2005 Developer with SP2a (9.0.3050). You think
this could be a bug?
ThanksOn Apr 23, 7:10 am, alqui <a...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi
> When you are exporting a report from SSRS 2005 to Excel, it is the first
> column in your tables the one wich sets the row heigh in Excel. For example,
> I had a table with an 'observations' columns. There I had some text, but it
> always was being cut because all rows had a heigh of 12.45 Now the key was in
> the first column where I had only a date field. When I changed the layout and
> took the observations column to the left it worked OK.
> Has anybody seen these behaviour before? By the way, the report was working
> OK if I decided to export to PDF, so I think it has to do with the Excel
> renderer. I have SQL Server 2005 Developer with SP2a (9.0.3050). You think
> this could be a bug?
> Thanks
It sounds kind-of-like your dealing w/a problem pertaining to merged
Excel cells. If this is the case, you will want to make sure that you
don't leave any vertical spaces between textbox controls, table
controls or matrix controls. Hope this is helpful.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment