Sunday, February 26, 2012

Event Viewer won't display events

I'm not sure if this is the right group. Might not at all be related to the
SQL Server instatllation, but here goes:
I've just installed SQL Server 2000 on a new Windows 2003 Server box.
After a couple of weeks I get an service failed to start error when booting
the system.
When I try to access the event viewer to examine the error, I get the
following message:
"Unable to complete the operation on 'Application'."
"The interface is unknown"
Of all the automatic services that presumably should have started, both the
WMI Service and the Task Scheduler Service has failed to start.
When trying to start the Task Sheduler I get the same error I get from the
Event Viewer.
The WMI Service just reports that a service on which it depends have failed
to start.
When accessing service properties and choosing the dependencies tab I get
the message:
"Win32: The dependency service or group failed to start"
I'm running around in the dark here as I can't access any event messages to
troubleshoot the problem.
Any input is welcome
--
Do or die..Hi Jango,
Based on the problem description, it appears that this is a Windows server
related request that would be best addressed in the Windows newsgroups. For
your reference, the Windows newsgroup is located at:
microsoft.public.Windows.server.general
For assistance on this issue, please submit your request at above
newsgroups.
Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.
Sophie Guo
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
========================================
=============
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
========================================
=============
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment