Friday, February 24, 2012

Event Log

I'm trying to create an alert that will tell me when a database is deleted or
added.
I can't seem to find a notification i the event log when either happens.
Also I would like create an alert for my maintenance jobs when they
complete. But I see no trace of them in the event log.
Thank YouAFAIK there is no alert for dropping or adding a db within SQL Server. You
can use a third party product from www.lumigent.com called Integra that may
do what you want. As for the MP's, why would you want to know when they
complete. The whole idea of creating them is so they can run attended. In
any case you can always add a RAISERROR() to a job step that will force an
error that will be picked up by an alert.
--
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
"robert_at_cbb" <robertatcbb@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B420F0DD-4186-44CE-B031-CE5C0F9C4026@.microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to create an alert that will tell me when a database is deleted
> or
> added.
> I can't seem to find a notification i the event log when either happens.
> Also I would like create an alert for my maintenance jobs when they
> complete. But I see no trace of them in the event log.
> Thank You|||If you use SQL Server Agent to schedule your jobs, there is an option to
have the event logged to the Windows event log. This under the
notifications tab when double clicking on the job via the EM console.
-Ben
robert_at_cbb wrote:
> I'm trying to create an alert that will tell me when a database is deleted or
> added.
> I can't seem to find a notification i the event log when either happens.
> Also I would like create an alert for my maintenance jobs when they
> complete. But I see no trace of them in the event log.
> Thank You|||Thanks!
Too bad notification for dropping severs is not available. I have many
servers, and I want to know that my maintenance jobs finish.
"Ben" wrote:
> If you use SQL Server Agent to schedule your jobs, there is an option to
> have the event logged to the Windows event log. This under the
> notifications tab when double clicking on the job via the EM console.
> -Ben
>
>
> robert_at_cbb wrote:
> > I'm trying to create an alert that will tell me when a database is deleted or
> > added.
> >
> > I can't seem to find a notification i the event log when either happens.
> >
> > Also I would like create an alert for my maintenance jobs when they
> > complete. But I see no trace of them in the event log.
> >
> > Thank You
>

No comments:

Post a Comment