Sunday, February 26, 2012

Event Notification disapears from sys.event_notifications

Hello Remus,

I have implemented Event Notification sample you provided in my logic, but I am perplexed that even though my watched queue does go down, I do not get message in the Event_Collector queue all the time. The Event_Collector queue does stay enabled though. Any thoughts? I guess any suggestions on debugging the event notification portion would be helpful.

Lubomir
Upon further look at the sys.event_notifications view, I discovered that my event notification is not there any more - it disappears. So the first time the queue goes down, the notification is successful and the Event Notification is still in sys.event_notifications. Second attemp removes the Event Notification from sys.event_notifications.

Lubomir|||

Can you check if the event notification infrastructure isn't receving back an error or an end dialog message on the system dialog that delivers the notifications? Look into errorlog or in Event Viewer (Application), see if you find a record similar to one of these:

Event notification conversation on dialog handle '{4B086B77-C691-DA11-AD12-00030D303B72}' closed without an error.

or:

Closed event notification conversation endpoint with handle '{B1663957-C791-DA11-AD12-00030D303B72}', due to the following error: '<?xml version="1.0"?><Error xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SQL/ServiceBroker/Error"><Code>-8494</Code><Description>You do not have permission to access the service &apos;s&apos;.</Description></Error>'.

HTH,
~ Remus

|||Thank you Remus,

Yup it was the End Dialog message I had; Things work great now.

Lubomir

No comments:

Post a Comment