Friday, February 24, 2012

Event ID: 421

I get this error in My Event Log on My WSUS server. I am running a Windows 2000 with SQL 2K SP4.

Connection to database failed. Reason=Cannot open database requested in login 'SUSDB'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'WSUS\ASPNET'.. Connection string: Data Source=WSUS;Initial Catalog=SUSDB;Connection Timeout=60;Application Name=WSUS SQL Connection; Trustedd_Connection=Yes;Pooling='true'; Max Pool Size = 100

The web account does not have access to sqlserver. Run the following to enable access.

--allow connection to sqlserver

exec sp_grantlogin 'WSUS\ASPNET'

go

--change to the database you want to give access

use <db>

go

--allow database connection

exec sp_grantdbaccess 'WSUS\ASPNET'

go

I suggest you take a look at these stored procedures in book online. Also, take a look at "sp_addsrvrolemember" and "sp_addrolemember".

No comments:

Post a Comment